Which mods/patches for Fallout 1&2?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
What you call plain Falllout 2 is not so if you take into account all the bugs (even after you apply the official patch).

killap's patch simply fixes 99% of the issues that were left in the code. Thus increasing the quality of Fallout 2.

So, as many suggest, install killap's patch (be sure to read the instructions and change log first) and you will be very pleased.

If you are looking for a true mod, then try this - http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16940

Argonnot said:
I never got Megamod to work correctly, so I didnt bother with it.

Its always the protos that messes people up. Always uncheck read only then reaply read only on the entire proto folder. Do not install anything else except the megamod and it should work fine. You might want to consider making your own patch000.dat if you cant get the files working maybe, I havnt tried that route before though.

MapMan said:
Thanks! Ill try both killaps patch and the megamod.

Wait a week or so for the latest release of the megamod, Killap might take a while: he is a perfectionist. The killap expansion will probably be included in the megamod when released btw!

I dunno how long its gonna take for killap to finish his. According to the readings in the thread he started, it looks like its at least two thirds done.

Fallout 1 Mods/Patches

I've looked back several pages, so I hope I didn't miss anything on this.

In order to get the most out of Fallout which patches and mods should I use? I have been trying to use the Team X patches and "mods", but I can't seem to get them to work together.

@heyxsara

If you are wondering why nobody has replied sooner to you, it's because you obviously haven't been reading the threads enough.

Your answer is already there.

Thank you. I figured that one of the patches weren't compatible. Sorry for not looking thorough enough.

Mod/Patch Question

I have a few questions... I just got FO2 and I was wondering what unofficial patch is currently the best... I wasn't sure if I should use 1.5 or Killap's Patch. Also I was wondering what mod is the best to just just add more content and maybe balance the game out but not change the story or core gameplay too much?

Thanks

I will make it easy for you. In my opinion:
best patch - Killap's patch
best mod (and patch)- MIB88 Megamod 2

Coming back to Fallout 2

I have decided to play fallout 2 again but I have played it through so many times now that I was just going through the steps, avoiding that game bug going here first because I know it's easyer that kind of thing and so only got part way in and got very bored. So hopefully with some suggestions from you I can enjoy the game allot more if you could suggest mods or patch's that

A - will help clear up all or at least allot of the bugs or half finished quest's.

B - might add some new content to the game but nothing to drastically out of charater.

I did search for any post's like this, but with work and everything I don't really have the time to sit and look through all the results so any answers to this are welcome.

Back