Cazadors- your thoughts?

The first time I fougth Cazadores I tought they were just recolored Bloatflies, hoo hoo was that a mistake.

Hm. I kill coyote pups, IRL everyone would if one's gnawing on your ankles and its mother not far behind.

Cazadors are harder to kill than deathclaws for me. With deathclaws, they're big and bulky, easy targets. Cazadors, even when [Hidden], they're buzzing around too much, too difficult to pop off a sneak attack half the time and once they home in on you, you're almost entirely screwed without antivenom.

Meh, I love the adrenaline when the fuckers come up to you lightning-fast :D I remember doing the quest to update the codes for Ranger stations and I tried getting through the Cazador nest near the pathway to the Super-Mutant hideout, because I was following the compass mark. Man, those were tough times, but I was feeling so badass when I cleared it out and took ALL THE LOOT :D I wore the Combat Armor MkII I got there for like 90% of the rest of the game.

They're actually not that bad with high survival to make antivenom. I just recommend after being stung take some low quality food items to slow the venom and then take care of the swarm, if you just pop an antivenom in the middle of a fight 8/10 times you'll get stung again, wasting the antivenom.

I remember that area with the combat armour mkII, I was too scared to go near it so snuck up a hill and fired literally 10 rockets into the caz nest.
All that was left alive at the end was a little baby one crawling about with broken limbs.
... Make that 11 rockets. :twisted:

Oh, also: I NEVER play on non-hardcore mode. NEVER. So, no popping a few stimpaks and antivenoms whenever a horde of cazadors attack, an actual strategy is required.

I must be playing an easy version or something, because I've only been stung once and I don't even use VATS. ED-E and Boone help bigtime though.

Boone with anything semi-auto makes you largely unapproachable, I find. Obviously give him the Marksman Carbine if you can.

I love Cazador's, since the change of engine most enemies simply suck, Cazador's though, they bring a decent enough challenge to the table.

Mr Fish said:
Cazador's though, they bring a decent enough challenge to the table.

I was caught by surprise by these things. Tried to walk over the hills to get nearer Vegas the shorter way. When I met these I was not expecting them to be as tough and deadly as they are. As discussed there is nothing like them in Fallout 3 really. They are a serious killer early in the game and I was slaughtered by them repeatedly. The poison kills you in seconds! It was great actually, an obstacle to overcome. An enemy I could not defeat until I grew stronger and more skilful- echoes of the classic Fallouts in that element of them.

Cazadors are fine, deathclaws are fine, nightstalkers are fine. But which genius came up with the brilliant idea to give giant radscorpions a power armour exoskeleton?

When I was level 25 I still couldn't take up the challenge of the massive giant radscorpion nest north of goodsprings.

Mr Krepe said:
When I was level 25 I still couldn't take up the challenge of the massive giant radscorpion nest north of goodsprings.
un-patched sniper rifle FTW!!

Or, if you have the patch a Shishkebab (with pyromaniac perk) will make quick work of them... but you have to get pretty close for that; and you will get hit a few times.

Back to cazadores: The new DLC has Giant Cazadores! These things are beastly!! One time I fast-travelled to an area where a Giant Cazador randomly spawned, along with a Giant Yao Guai, and a Giant Zion Mantis. The Giant Cazador killed the Giant Yao Guai AND the Giant Mantis in less than 5 seconds, then turned it's attention to me! It was making quick work of me, so I started backing up, in sheer fright; and I fell off a cliff, and died.

To be honest I think I would've rather died from falling off a cliff than being uber raped by a giant cazador.

Wintermind said:
I think it was to highlight their exoskeleton. Switch to AP, blast through 'em. Back up, shoot, repeat.

Cazadors have no armor, so you would actually be better using hollowpoints or buckshot. Anything to max the damage.

One thing I've learned is to aim for the wings. Even with a fairly low weapon skill, it's usually a 2-shot cripple. If you're using a weapon with a low AP-cost (my recommendation), you can sometimes put a whole swarm on the ground before they can close the gap. They can still crawl at you (and they're faster than Radscorpions, in my opinion), but it makes the situation a whole lot more manageable.

The Explosives skill is perfect for them. A couple of grenades will cripple their wings and/or frenzie them. And if you have a clean shot while holding a missile launcher, well...

Geech said:
Wintermind said:
I think it was to highlight their exoskeleton. Switch to AP, blast through 'em. Back up, shoot, repeat.

Cazadors have no armor, so you would actually be better using hollowpoints or buckshot. Anything to max the damage.

Not talking about cazadores.

Back