Fallout 2 mod Getting ready for Fallout Sonora translation

Can anyone give me a rough estimate how much of the translation is done? How long until the game is playable in english?

Can anyone give me a rough estimate how much of the translation is done? How long until the game is playable in english?

I can already assure you it's faaaaar from beeing done.

I've logged to that discord thing about the translation and asked for the current status. They don't like that kind of questions there, however i managed them to cough out, that after a month of work they're waaaay 'far less' than 50% of the whole job done. so it could be 1% done, or could be 35% don't know the details. But if You're looking to play classic fallout, I'd advise you pick another title for the time beeing.

EDIT:
as for how long till it's done...
dude it's a fan made project. They do it for free. Don't expect them to have an ETA of any sort, (cause they don't have one anyway), nor force them to make one.

Besides grawet's translation team don't like it when you go around asking them that type of questions.
Just giving a heads-up ;)

Last edited:
But if You're looking to play classic fallout, I'd advise you pick another title for the time beeing.
I've just got through the Fallout 1, 2, 3, New Vegas (the last two with all the dlcs), Atom RPG and just finished Underrail with the Expedition. I've pretty much ran out of anything Fallout related that my piece of shit laptop can handle. Unless you can point me at some more (I'd actually like that). At least I can see the Trudograd on the horizon, there's been some talk of a new expansion for Underrail, there's apparently two Van Buren revival projects running (if I'll ever live to see how these will turn out) and I still didn't learn russian to play Olympus (because that's never going to be translated to english, is it?)

dude it's a fan made project. They do it for free. Don't expect them to have an ETA of any sort, (cause they don't have one anyway), nor force them to make one.
I know that and I'm thankful for their efforts, I guess I'm just getting jittery getting off my weeks long post apoc high.

Besides grawet's translation team don't like it when you go around asking them that type of questions.
Just giving a heads-up
Ok, I'm gonna stop. Thanks for the warning. And if anyone from the translation team is reading this, I'm grateful for your efforts even if I come off as an ungrateful swine.

Have you also played the big mods that are available in english (Resurrection, Lost Hope, Nevada)?

A few post-apocalyptic(-ish) suggestions:
Wasteland Series, Krai Mira, Encased, ELEX, The Outer Worlds, Krater, Waste Walkers, Mutant Year Zero, NEO Scavengers, Mad Max, Metro Series, Stalker Series, Terminator: Resistance, Convoy, Bunker Punks, State of Decay, Rage Series, Borderlands Series, The Fall: Last Days of Gaia, Desert Law, Planet Alcatraz

Last edited:
To quote what I posted on the Discord server (which you can join to follow the updates, by the way):

"We do have an estimated completion percentage (not an ETA, though), but it will not tell you anything. Due to voluntary nature of the project, the progress has a tendency to be, hm, non-linear, slowing down or speeding up substantially at times. So, for example, we could progress from 10 to 11 % in a month, and then jump from 11% to 25% in just a week. So we will not be sharing any percentages until we've reached a certain milestone, say - 50%."

So, no worries. I understand people wanting to have an ETA on this, but it will bring more confusion that anything.

I cannot believe this thread's been opened this soon. Huge respect to all of those who are willing to put their efforts to translate the game. You guys have done a terrific job on the Nevada Project, I've no doubt you'll do the same for Sonora as well. No pressure for ETA, take as loooong as you need :) We'll wait forever if that's what it takes.

ps: I will check this english version for proofreading and report the errors i may encounter.

ps.2: I'm also a native Turkish speaker, and can work with Kotkata if Turkish translation becomes a real project. Once the English translation is understandable ofc. Wish i could understand Russian...

Last edited:
I cannot believe this thread's been opened this soon. Huge respect to all of those who are willing to put their efforts to translate the game. You guys have done a terrific job on the Nevada Project, I've no doubt you'll do the same for Sonora as well. No pressure for ETA, take as loooong as you need :) We'll wait forever if that's what it takes.

We were not involved in that Nevada Translation, actually.

Hello everyone.

It's been more than 2 month after the last comment here and I was wondering if there are any updates on the Eng translation? Any ETAs or news from the people involved in the translation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and please keep up the great work.

Hello everyone.

It's been more than 2 month after the last comment here and I was wondering if there are any updates on the Eng translation? Any ETAs or news from the people involved in the translation would be greatly appreciated.

The Translation will take a long time, the people have other things not only to translate, and is difficult you must go it line for line and translate so it make sense.There are also many Dialogs.

When its done then its done

Maybe translate the interface, items, scenery, etc, descriptions first - dialogues can come later.

If you need a correctour for the translation hit me up, I'd gladly do it, with Nevada I often had cases, when I read a dialogue and knew the way it could be 'more English', so I think I could be a great asset for you this way.

Maybe translate the interface, items, scenery, etc, descriptions first - dialogues can come later.

That's exactly what we're doing. The UI is completely translated, the items and critter names are as well. Items and descriptions are under way. A few of the locations' dialogue is complete for the most part.

Hello everyone.

No ETA's though. People have their own lives, especially with the pandemic still going on.

Here's the latest teaser from the Translation team, just for the hell of it. More info, as always, on the Discord server: discord.gg/ECGgQeG

The ignorant who fail to embrace the Fire will perish in its flames.

Soon Sonora will shine with the presence of the Holy Fire.

The Fire is our only way to salvation.

... Heaven will become earth ... the Fire that giveth ... pitiful before His very face ... Fire ... for the unfaithful are doomed ... And the sun in the palms of our hands ...

All hail our father Aaron, Master of the Holy Fire, for He gives life to this wasteland!

Kneel before the great Patriarch of Phoenix.

sonora-ts_34590917731.png

Here's the latest update from the English Translation team. More info, as always, on the Discord server: discord.gg/ECGgQeG

>>> After months of translation, the game still has much dialogue to present to us; but the progress is slowly and surely being made. Yet, it's not all about dialogue here. The voice acting -- however occasional it may be in those classic titles -- plays a role in the grand scheme of things, so we're thinking you might just enjoy this little intro cutscene we've got here.

Ja ja.. happy new year guys, quite late and all. Mostly just typing to keep the thread going with some enthusiasm and so to say that I'm looking forward to Fallout: Sonora!

Back