Impressions thread for negative impressions

Discussion in 'Fallout 3 Discussion' started by 3rdRate, Nov 9, 2008.

1. BloodyPuppy

BloodyPuppy Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Nov 18, 2008
    Re: Thread where people burn Fallout 3

I dunno, maybe he's right. Maybe this game is chock full of interesting NPCs and there just invisible.

You know what that means right? ROAD TRIP!

2. Kashrlyyk

Kashrlyyk It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 18, 2004
    Can other players confirm that? Maybe with a video?

3. cratchety ol joe

cratchety ol joe Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Sep 2, 2008
    I'll do a vid myself.

expect youtube links soon

4. Public

Public Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

May 18, 2006
    A video would be great. Just show the stats with EN1 ST1 INT1 at the start, and record the whole killing part.

And on the end a text

"AS YOU CAN SEE, YOU DON'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT STATS WHILE PLAYING FALLOUT 3! HURRAY!"

5. Kashrlyyk

Oct 18, 2004
    Thanks. You need to show the attributes, the difficulty, the skills and the kills, to state the obvious. That is the "Master of Science" speaking out of me now. :)

6. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt I should set a custom tit

Oct 28, 2008
    IMO it is much more irrational to compare FO3 to Oblivion, because:

a) (supposedly) different type of game;
    b) Both are made by the same company, so it is more like an advertisement than a fair comparison. For fair comparison, put it next to games similar in genre made within the last 3-4 years by different companies: compare FO3 to Witcher EE, Mass Effect, STALKER, NWN2:MoB, etc.

Yuppie! Waiting for the vid! If it's good enough, it will deserve to be put out on the front page ;)

7. Nark

Nark Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 6, 2008
    The game for Windows XP/Vista is really really laggy and then it crashes. :evil:

8. cratchety ol joe

Sep 2, 2008
    Other than 'showing difficulty setting' I have done exactly as asked! I've edited up 30 mins game-play to show stats and me in a vault security uniform fist fighting Vs 3 raiders (out the back of the school) sadly none had a combat SG this time, but I will state that I did it before and I could sure as hell do it again.

And yes before people whine about it I used Stimpacks! (oh noes..)
    *edited point* sorry for the slow Frames per second, i did this on mah lappy which only just handles FO3, it seems to dislike running beyond 4fps while FRAPS does its thang...
    *edity end*

The only reason I forgot to show difficulty is that the game has been stuck on hard mode and I'm loathed to even contemplate any other setting, the vid is currently compiling (anyone know better free editing software? W!ndowz moovi maker is shite)

Will edit this post when its done

====attack of the zenimax! see my next post!====

9. Public

May 18, 2006
    Try Windows movie maker 2 :D

10. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Yes! I corrected it to late sadly :shock: :P
    :lol: :mrgreen: that might been right as well ... in my case at least

Yes please do that. I need something to post when talking with die hard Fallout 3 fans about the meaning of "roleplaying" :mrgreen: :clap:

11. cratchety ol joe

Sep 2, 2008
    Ok utoobe is clearly a no go, the vid was removed instantly. anyone know where I can post this video?

As for youtube (and no doubt zenimax / bethsoft) censorship is wrong, people should be allowed to post stuff. Its a dark age ahead folks where your opinions will be censored.

12. Kashrlyyk

Oct 18, 2004
    How about for download at rapidshare?

13. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Why was it removed? I see a damn lot of Fallout 3 videos on youtube ... it really ... surprises me why it got removed? Nothing against you of course mate, but as said it just seems so unlikely compared to all the crap one can see either about Oblivion or Fallout 3 on youtube (like those guy that had some fun with the MIRV luncher ... just an really awfull weapon. Seriously).

14. cratchety ol joe

Sep 2, 2008
    No idea why it was removed, but when I tried to view it it stated 'this video has been removed'

Now trying my photobuket acct.

15. Public

May 18, 2006
    Wonder why my video wasn't removed :/

Do you have myspace? you can put videos there, and in better quality.

Or register and download something called "Veoh". I'm sure nobody will remove that from there.

16. k9wazere

k9wazere It Wandered In From the Wastes

Nov 20, 2008
    I would take a tentative guess, that a FO3 fan saw the intention was to discredit FO3's SPECIAL system, and reported the post?

I'm guessing that if a video gets even a single report immediately after being posted, the likelihood of being pulled is high. Could even be automatically removed, if the reporting is almost instant.

17. Public

May 18, 2006
    In that case, I will report every FO3's fan-made video, which prises FO3 on youtube :P

Seriously, this means a WAR!

18. cratchety ol joe

Sep 2, 2008
    OK veoh seems to work, I did originally annotate to help viewers understand what was going on, but utoobe made me cry.
    <center>
    <embed src="http://www.veoh.com/veohplayer.swf?permalinkId=v16869320sqzgtnED&id=17788903&player=videodetailsembedded&videoAutoPlay=0" allowFullScreen="true" width="410" height="341" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed></center>

*edit*FYI no, there is no sound, and yes you do see a console pop up, I was typing YYAAAWWWN, cos I was getting bored, the quality ain't great, but view in 'fullscreen' and you can clearly make out my stats.

19. Kashrlyyk

Oct 18, 2004
    Good video. How many Stimpacks did you need???

Is there a way to watch it offline??

20. Dead Guy

Dead Guy Senate Board Director oTO Moderator Orderite

Nov 9, 2008
    Well that's a pretty big nail in the coffin for me... Thanks for the vid.