Quakecon 2015: Fallout 4 details

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by TorontoReign, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    At least talking deathclaws havn't been there just to pose as generic replacement for Orcs. What ever if you like them or not. Outside of combat Supermutants had zero reason to be in F3 and they will have (most probabl) zero reason to be in F4, except to be another target practise for the player.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  2. Avra

Avra First time out of the vault

Jul 25, 2015

Tell me where it's said into Fallout 1 plz. Cause when I played Fallout 2 after Fallout 1, it's shocked me.

3. Juza The Cloud

Juza The Cloud Nanto Goshasei

Jun 3, 2015
    hey hey hey PBS is educational, how about Disney Channel or Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network ?

4. LordAshur

LordAshur Banned

Jul 18, 2015
    Logical? They capture humans to dip them into the FEV and expand their army, but also eat them and use their gory intestines to decorate every place they come across. They are all aggressive for some reason, which is never really explained. What are they even after?. You come into their only breeding ground, yet there aren't really so many mutants there at all, and they can't seem to obliterate a settlement full of children. And all the intelligent mutants, instead of leading the rest of the bunch, live as loners.

They aren't logically part of Fallout lore, they're there because Bethesda needed some more "awesome" things for us to shoot at.

And the talking Deathclaw in Navarro tells you about their origins.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  5. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Intelligent_deathclaw

Maybe if you had wiki'd more in depth you would have found out. Alas you didn't play Fallout 2, you don't even know that the Talking Deathclaws were created by the Enclave or that they were in Vault 13.

I mean if you don't know that the Enclave attacks Vault 13 then you just gave yourself away. You never played Fallout 2.

6. Hardboiled Android

Hardboiled Android Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Jun 7, 2015
    Well Nickelodeon has at least one genuinely good cartoon (Avatar: The Last Airbender. I'm not so hot about Korra)

7. helios1

helios1 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 10, 2014
    Come on. You know you'd complain if Bethesda was the one who put talking deathclaws in Fallout. Also you wonder why people think NMA is a bunch of condescending cynical assholes? Because of stuff like this. "You don't agree with my opinion? YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVENT PLAYED THE ORIGINALS YOU BBETHESDA FANBOY GO BACK TO GAMEFAQS MY OPINION IS THE ONLU RIGHT ONE"

8. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Sorry but it's obvious this guy never played the originals, he literally gave himself away, he doesn't know that the Enclave attacks Vault 13.
    I just don't have aptience for bullshit. Specially when it's so obvious.

9. Avra

Jul 25, 2015
    I agree with you on this point, but it's still explained, and it's still logical to the Fallout lore. It's not like if they added savage mutants without explanations.

After all, we have telepathy with a shaman into Fallout 2 for help the player (without any explanation on the telepathy btw) so I don't see why having "savage mutants" to shoot into an action-rpg is a problem, more over if their origins is explained.

10. Hardboiled Android

Jun 7, 2015

It's not disagreement- you lack knowledge that could be revealed by even an in depth reading of the wiki. I'm not as agressive in my Bethesda hating as certain others, I think they make fun if not good games, but it's pretty clear you haven't played Fallout 2.

11. Hardboiled Android

Jun 7, 2015
    Because it was ultimately lazy writing. Create orcs when you could create an actual faction.

12. Avra

Jul 25, 2015
    I know talking deathclaws were created by the enclave, but i said it's bullshit and i can't take it seriously. I was asking you about where it was explained into Fallout 1, because it's shock me when I played for the first time at Fallout 2. I was like "wtf is that bullshit oh come on it's not serious".

13. Hardboiled Android

Jun 7, 2015
    There was no Encalve in Fallout 1. So it would be a bit odd to explain...? I mean, it's always been known that FEV increases intelligence in animals, so...

14. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Maybe it wasn't explained in Fallout 1 because the Talking Deathclaws were created a few years before Fallout 2? You wouldn't be so confused if you had actually played them. You know?

15. Hardboiled Android

Jun 7, 2015
    He's just trying desperately to salvage any vestige of credibility.

16. Avra

Jul 25, 2015
    It's not less bad writted than "fev magic lol" about talking deathclaws, that's the problem :?

17. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    In any case, painfully obvious Beth boy talking out of his ass aside, let's get back to the topic at hand.

18. sea

sea Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 5, 2009
    :wtf:

I feel like I'm going to be making this face a lot in the next few months.

19. Avra

Jul 25, 2015

Oh dude you are brain dead :

1/ I play Fallout 1, kill that mama Deathclaws, was cool.

2/ I play Fallout 2, laugh about talking Deathclaws and feel kinda embarassed.

3/ I come here, said "Talking Deathclaws are bullshit !" and some people come to said "lol you didn't play any fallout".

Understand ?

Your only argue is "Enclave created talking Deathclaws so it's legit" but me I said : "It's bullshit fantasy".

20. helios1

helios1 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 10, 2014
    See? You just pulled the "Its obvious you never played Fallout 2" on me because I disagreed. I have played Fallout 2 by the way... But even if that guy does only know this shit from wikis, he has a point. If Bethesda was the first to put talking deathclaws, you'd never hear the end of it here.
    Also avra's English isn't the best so you guys might be misinterpreting what he's trying to say.