Quakecon 2015: Fallout 4 details

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by TorontoReign, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Hardboiled Android

Hardboiled Android Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Jun 7, 2015
    Oh, whoops, sorry. Thought you were Avra. My bad.

2. helios1

helios1 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 10, 2014
    Yea no problem. I was thinking you probably thought I was Avra.

3. Mohamed2001

Mohamed2001 HATE NEWSPAPERS

Jan 28, 2013
    nevermind, forgot to refresh -_-

4. Avra

Avra First time out of the vault

Jul 25, 2015
    I have played Fallout 1 then Fallout 2 then Fallout Tactic (never finished, just not my kind of game) then Fallout 3 then NV. But I don't think this fact make my argue better (except for morons).

Anyway for people who are really stressed about my gamer history (if it's so important for you) the best proof that i have played at least Fallout 2 is about the never explained dream/telepathy bullshit with the shaman of the choosen one village (didn't type his name cause it was probably another name in my language).

5. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Only if they failed to explain it within the setting or if they decided to completely break canon like they did to explain the DC Mutants, where they retconned it so somehow Vault Tec was tasked with experimenting with a substance that only the people in Mariposa knew about and it somehow also resulted in Supermutants despite Supermutants being actually perfected by the Master so it stretches belief that the people in the Vault somehow got the same results. They also somehow got a hand of Airborne FEV which was created by the Enclave in Fallout 2 waaaay after the war. In FO2 the Talking Deathclaws were explained and they even had a story connecting them to the setting. They also are the only ones of their kind and they are only as smart as a little kid and their talking ability is more in line with that of a Parrot. Sure there would be people who would still be against the idea,but NMA is not a hive mind like so many Beth kids seem to think, we all have different opinions in here.

This guy obviously never played either of the originals, he just gave himself away, he is not even aware of the most basic of things like the Enclave attacking Vault 13 and kidnapping it's inhabitants.

6. Avra

Jul 25, 2015
    How did you deduce that, Einstein ?

Really lol'd at this :

LOL did you see all the bullshit you write about me just because I have said talking deathclaws are bullshit ?

7. Askorti

Askorti HATE NEWSPAPERS

Jun 30, 2015
    As far as I know Deathclaws don't even talk per se, they just mimic speech like parrots. (Correct me if I'm wrong?)

8. helios1

Mar 10, 2014
    And he never denied that the Enclave attacked Vault 13 and took the vault dwellers. All he said was that he played Fallout where he first encountered the normal nontalking deathclaws, then 2 and the talking deathclaws came off as ridiculous to him.

9. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Uhmm Avra, why are you even tyring anymore? You already lost all credibility the second you demanded Enclave explanations from Fallout 1.

Nope he demanded Enclave explanations from Fallout 1, seems unaware that the Enclave attacked Vault 13 in 2. It's more than obvious he is talking out of his ass.

10. Avra

Jul 25, 2015

You are brain dead, let's try this again :

1/ I said I was shocked by talking deathclaws when I play for the first time Fallout 2 and i think it's bullshit into Fallout lore.

2/ You said to me : You never played fallout enclave create them.

3/ I said to you : You legitimate the talking deathclaws into fallout lore because "Enclave create them" so I ask you with irony : "Where it's said into Fallout 1 ?"

For someone who played Fallout 1 and then Fallout 2, it's bullshit and embarassing.

You can read the previous pages again.

EDIT : I have found the original post here :

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  11. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    You are again asking Enclave explanations from Fallout 1, the fact that you stil ldon't seem to realize how dumb that is while still claiming you played both is pretty embarrassing. Stop trying kid, read the wiki for a little longer and find out why your charade is so obvious.

12. AskWazzup

AskWazzup Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Aug 21, 2008
    I love virtual fighting! :applaud: :whistlewhistle:

13. helios1

Mar 10, 2014
    Still misunderstanding him. He is saying thetalking deathclaws were jarring in terms of lore to him in Fallout 2. So the reason he is asking about Fallout 1 is because if they were established as talking in the first game, it would be easier to accept.

14. Avra

Jul 25, 2015

Someone explain to him, please.

15. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    He is asking where this was explained in Fallout 1, he has said that like 3 times now. I am not misunderstandign anything.

Also again they were created in 2, by the Enclave while experimenting with the FEV, I don't see why you are still clinging to it needing an explanation in 1 when they were created long after the events of the first game.

16. Emperor

Emperor Simplesmente Rajuma

Aug 4, 2013
    If I remember, the shaman is a psyker just like the Master, that means he has telepathic abilities and the vision would be a manifestation from those mind powers. What you could argue here is that how he got them, since the Master was mutated beyond salvation that he eventually developed the power.

Here is the entry on the wikia: http://fallout.gamepedia.com/Psyker

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  17. Avra

Jul 25, 2015

Man, what you didn't understand into helios1 post ?

18. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    The psykers were in the setting since Fallout 1, and there is a Psyker kid in New Vegas too, with the headgear from 1 and all.

19. fred2

fred2 Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Nov 2, 2013
    Not a fan, when it force me to scroll through a page worth of off-topic BS.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  20. Avra

Jul 25, 2015

There is no explanation into fallout games.